Sunday, July 15, 2012

Secret Hidden Talent

Do you ever wonder if you have an innate talent? Something you are just a natural master of and perhaps you will never know because it is something outside of your typical repertoire of activity? We could be depriving the world of the next best  {insert your secret hidden talent}   just because we are too scared to get out there! No more I say!
In an effort to discover my secret hidden talent I have begun an inventory of activities that I have tried (and it will be no secret that they are NOT my hidden talent) and a list of things to add to my secret hidden talent queue. Please join me in my quest and feel free to make suggestions.

Not My Secret Hidden Talents:

Singing (unless I'm in the audience or in my car)
Dancing
Musical instruments
Theater
Public speaking 
Basically any kind of performance
Skiing (water and snow)
Softball, volleyball
Karate
Running
Ok, pretty much sports in general
Bowling
Curling (no surprise, as this is basically bowling on ice)
Astronomy or anything that involves math.
Math - its worth repeating so you understand just how much this is not a natural talent.
Baking
Cake decorating
Interior decorating
Drawing, painting, sculpture.....art in general
Sky diving (I haven't actually tried this, but I don't care if I am the world's best. Not an option)
Fishing
Playing cards - from Old Maid to Poker. Not my thing.

You get the idea. Now, I understand that I do possess some talents and several of them I would even consider to be slightly above average. But that is the thing with most of my talents - they are pretty much average. That is fine, and perhaps even preferred for a normal day. However, for the purposes of this quest I am  looking for something really interesting. Something that would make someone pause and say, "Huh, can you believe Kim can  {something amazing}? She might be the worlds best {something amazing}  ,that is just SO interesting."

So, let's move on to new things to try.

Potential Secret Hidden Talents:

Bocce ball
Target shooting
Cross country skiing
Archery
Blogging
Forensics (think CSI)
Competitive Trail Riding - I don't actually have a horse, or really know how to ride one so this poses some special challenges.
International Travel - I probably can't become the world's best traveler, but this is something I want/need to do.

This list will be revisited. Need help creating your list? Try stumbleupon.com




No comments:

Post a Comment