Thanks, Kim, for starting this blog. We are all creative, interesting, enchanting people when we allow ourselves to be authentic (to be honest, to be real, to be humble). It's much easier to be authentic when we're surrounded and supported by like-minded friends and loving people.
So, in my best effort to be authentic and as a baseline for my future blogs: This has been the worst and best year of my life. Three weeks ago, I asked Eric for a divorce. Two weeks ago Wednesday, I was suicidal due to the backlash of anger and manipulation that came pouring down on me from Eric and his family. This week, Eric has admitted that I am fully justified in asking him for a divorce. Today, I feel vulnerable but healthy (except that I had a Wendy's burger, fries and frosty for lunch and I'm a little bloated). It has been the best year of my life in that I have been reborn. Life has exploded- the good and the bad. And there is so much beauty, so much good, so much life to live (there is--right?).
More to come about living as a single mom, the divorce process and life in general. Love and peace to all of you beautiful ladies!
Thanks for sharing, Polly! I've been thinking of you after reading your post. I hope you have been able to find moments of peace in the middle of the storm. Know that you have many, many people surrounding you for support to lift you up. Maybe we should have an in-person support group soon!
ReplyDelete